Friday, September 7, 2012

2012 Department 56 Village Display




I've FINALLY posted our 2012 Department 56 Village display....even though it's been up since the end of August or so.  Watch it all of the way through so you can see the awesome Peanuts Village display our designer Harold Hand has created for us.  It's an adorable Snoopy doghouse with the village inside.  Also the amazing Grinch tree that holds the Grinch village.  They are so creative and we are very proud.

You'll see a lot of sculpted styrofoam platforms and mountains.  We use medium weight styrofoam and use hot wire tools purchased at Hot Wire Foam Factory.  They have a web site, and are very easy to order.

If you want to take on the sculpting yourself, we are having a foam sculpting class September 22 at Willhoites Restaurant in Grapevine at 10:30 am.  Please call 817.251.3673 or email us at contactus@goodthingsforallseasons.com to reserve your space.

Don't forget, that same day from 1-4, head village designer Scott Enter will be signing Department 56 Village pieces in our store!  Here's a chance to get your pieces signed, don't pass it up!


1 comment:

  1. I was looking but I have only found the Department 56 houses and one of them is 8.25 x 8.25 x 10.5 , I have 2 different scales on the houses that I have , so I have created a little diversion I have raised the village up just like it’s up in the mountains if you will , and I have set up the smaller ones up there , if you give it some toughs when you look at a village from a distance it looks much smaller than it actually is ! so it really doesn’t matter if they are the same scale or not just use your imagination and creativity .

    ReplyDelete